This orange margarita recipe looks so delish! Make the orange puree and syrup prior to leaving for the game and store them along with your ingredients in your cooler.
Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
*Makes one cocktail
1 lime wedge
Coarse sea salt for rim
2 ounces of tequila, preferably Sauza Hornitos
1-1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
3/4 ounce orange liqueur
1/2 ounce simple syrup
3/4 ounce blood orange puree (see below)
1 lime wheel
1 blood orange wheel optional
- Moisten the outside edges of a rocks glass with a lime wedge.
- Sprinkle a little salt on a small plate and dip the moistened rim in the salt to coat it lightly.
- Fill the glass and a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, simple syrup and blood orange puree and shake vigorously.
- Strain into the glass, garnish with lime and blood orange wheels.
*Makes 3/4 cup
4 blood oranges, peeled, segmented and seeded
2 tablespoon simple syrup
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a blender or food processor, combine orange segments, simple syrup and lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust amounts of simple syrup and lemon juice as needed.
*Makes 1-1/2 cups
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover, refrigerating until needed.
Do you have a recipe you would like to share with other Clemson Girls? Email us!
P.S. We're working on compiling all of our tailgate recipe posts into one link so you can browse them all!